Natural Luster - 5 Gallon
Seal 'n Lock Systems - Natural Luster
1. Pressure Washing: Pressure wash the area to be sealed, ensuring that surfaces are clean and free of oil, efflorescence, laitance or contaminants prior to beginning the sealing process. Remove at least ½ in. of the old joint sand so new sand can be replaced between the paver joints.
2. Rinsing: Rinse the pavers with water. If any acids/cleaners were used during the cleaning phase, make sure that the acids and cleaners are thoroughly rinsed before sealing.
3. Sanding: We recommend wet sanding with a fractured/mason sand (C140) for joint sanding. Broadcast joint sand over the pavers. Rinse the sand into the paver joints to 1/8” below the chamfer edge of the pavers. See the video at www.sealnlock.com for more details. You may sweep the sand into the paver joints, but must wait for the paver to thoroughly dry. Use a leaf blower to blow off any residual sand left on the surface of the pavers.
4. Sealing: Natural Luster can be applied even though the pavers are damp. Natural Luster cannot be applied to pavers in standing water, as the sealer will not cure and stabilize joint sand. Allow extra time for the pavers to become damp before proceeding.
Using our battery operated pail pump system or pump sprayer uniformly apply a flood coat of
Natural Luster for joint stabilization. Hold sprayer tip 10” – 12” from the paver surface (avoid overspray on adjacent surfaces, rinse any overspray with water). Dilute 1 part water and 1 part Natural Luster for the flood coat and top coat. Natural Luster appears white when applied but dries crystal clear.
5. Resealing Existing Sealed Pavers: Natural Luster can be applied over existing sealed pavers, as long as there is no delaminating (peeling) of existing sealer and is worn evenly. If there are any shiny areas or areas that are white from solvent base sealer we recommend stripping the existing sealer before applying Natural Luster. Call your distributor for technical support in regard to the stripping process.
DRYING TIME: Natural Luster sealer will normally dry in sunny areas within approximately 1 hour. Shaded areas, lower temperatures or high relative humidity will slow the drying process. The surface may be open to foot traffic in 4 hours and to vehicular traffic in 48 hours. To minimize tire marks vehicles should not make sudden stops or tight turns.
MAINTENANCE: Periodic washing of the pavers with a mild detergent to keep the area clean is recommended. DO NOT USE ACIDS. Gasoline, hydraulic fluids and motor oil spills should be removed from the surface of the pavers. We recommend that surfaces previously sealed should be pressured washed, re-sanded and resealed every 3 years depending on environmental exposure and traffic.
CLEANUP: Clean tools and equipment immediately after each use with water.
STORAGE: Do not store at or below freezing temperatures. Do not allow product to freeze. If product freezes it is no longer usable. Natural Luster should be stored in a tightly closed container in a cool dry place. Shelf life is one year.
WARRANTY: 2 year residential one year commercial – as long as the surface resists absorption. Not responsible for efflorescence (naturally occurring process). Contact your application company for any warranty issues.
CAUTION: Too much sealer, or too many coats of sealer, may induce a slippery condition. May cause skin and eye irritation. Do not take internally. All label directions should be read thoroughly before use.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Water Based Urethane Modified Acrylic Sealer
DESCRIPTION: Natural Luster is a high solids, low VOC water based urethane modified acrylic sealer that penetrates the pavers and provides a protective barrier with superior joint stabilization with a natural luster.
Natural Luster is formulated to seal products made to ASTM C-936 specifications having an absorption rate of 5% or less. Pavers with higher absorption rate will require additional application(s) of sealer.
One day process (no down time)
Pavers will not turn white from moisture (eliminating call backs)
User friendly and environmentally safe
No toxic odors
Will not harm vegetation and inhibits weed growth and ant mines
Minimizes algae and mold
Superior joint stabilization (no need for polymeric sand)
VOC Compliant in all 50 states <160 G/L
UV Protection Plus
ESTIMATING GUIDE: Typically, the application rate will vary from 150 to 175 sq. ft. per gallon; however this rate will vary depending on the texture and absorption rate of the pavers and the width of the paver joints.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: We recommend wearing protective goggles and latex gloves. For best results, apply Natural Luster at temperatures between 60° F and 90° F. In cooler conditions, the sealer should be warmed to approximately 70° F. Do not apply if surface or ambient temperature is below 50°F. If temperature is going to drop below freezing (32° F) make sure sealer has time to cure. A test for compatibility, penetration and adhesion is recommended.
MIXING: Natural Luster is designed to be diluted with water 1 part water and 1 part sealer with a 2 coat system (flood coat and top coat). Natural Luster requires mixing and stirring (2 minutes) prior to use.
Pavers with high absorption rate will require additional top coats of sealer to provide protective barrier and desired enhancement.
Natural Luster in not intended for submerged surfaces.
(shipping not included on Natural Luster *not eligible for chemical pledge)